On my website, you will find some of my best work as a Director.
Also, after such a diverse experience in filmmaking, you’re going to find some samples of other of the passions I discovered along the way: selling illusions as reality using Visual Effects, or practicing “Micro-Storytelling” and mixing all the techniques I know, designing Title Sequences.
As a child, I was always passionate about stories.
When I wasn’t reading or watching them, I created them in the pages of an old notebook. But, they were always accompanied with illustrations in every chapter and on the covers.
So, my real passion was always visual storytelling.
As soon as I got my first video camera at sixteen, I started to film short films and experiment with video. Just after I graduated from a Film, Video and Photographic Arts major at the University of Seville (Spain), I had the opportunity of starting my career twenty years ago as a Video Editor and as a Reality TV Director.
But, of course, my heart was in scripted storytelling, so I continued looking for my own path.
I was fortunate to work in dozens of productions, mainly in the postproduction and camera department (and, sometimes, as a Director), including short films, music videos, documentaries and feature films.
During the last decade, I also helped to develop the visual effects of Hollywood blockbusters such as Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Warner Brother’s Suicide Squad and Netflix’s Stranger Things, working for visionary directors like James Gunn, the Duffer brothers and Ridley Scott.
Such a diverse experience helped me, indirectly, to grow as Director and to find my own style.
So, as a European Director with a strong eye for composition and Visual Effects, I will aim to put all those skills on the table to assist you in creating memorable stories.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS:
* 2022: Nominated to the CURTAS Festival do Imaxinario (Spain) for Melancholy in 50
* 2022: Nominated to the Horror-Rama International Film Festival for Melancholy in 50
* 2021: Human Rights Award in the Retro Avant Garde Film Festival (New York) for Ninti
* 2020: Best Video creation in the CURTAS Festival do Imaxinario (Spain) for Ninti
* 2020: Best Film Up to 1 Min in the Green Fest (Serbia) for Ninti
* 2020: Award of Excellence in the CanadaShorts Film Festival for Ninti* 2019: Nominated to the Canadian Screen Awards for Best VFX for the series Wynonna Earp
* 2018: Stranger Things Nominated to the Emmy Awards for Outstanding Special Visual Effects
* Guardians of the Galaxy Nominated to the Oscars Academy Awards for the best VFX
* Nominated to the Spanish Academy Awards for Best VFX for the Film Unit7